Pregnancy yoga | Course
Look for * in the schedule for classes in English.
Pregnancy yoga is a wonderful tool that strengthens you physically and mentally as we work with body, breath, energy levels, emotions and insights.
- You do exercises that strengthen your pregnant body without straining, boost your energy, and relieve common minor ailments during pregnancy.
- Other practices help relieve stress and anxiety, and promote relaxation and restful sleep.
- Your body awareness will increase and you learn to use your breath actively - both are invaluable tools for birth.
- You will learn about birthing positions that optimize your baby's passage out, making it easier on both of you.
- You will experience close contact to your baby and strengthen your emotional connection.
- When you take care of yourself and your well-being you also give your baby the best start in life.
Pregnancy yoga is Hatha yoga optimized for the pregnant woman. It contains gentle postures, done in a slow pace, plus breath awareness, meditation, mantra and relaxation.
Pregnancy yoga does not require previous experience with yoga. All pregnant women can follow and benefit from the classes. We recommend pregnant women without any yoga experience to rest in the first trimester and practice Pregnancy yoga from the second trimester. If on the other hand you have previous yoga experience, feel free to join also in your first trimester. You can then continue the practice for the rest of your pregnancy.
Please read our general information about yoga and pregnancy before you decide when is a good time for you to sign up. Questions are also welcome on email and phone.
The courses are taught by Bodil, mother of three, certified yoga teacher, certified Pregnancy yoga teacher, doula and birth practitioner with many years of experience with Pregnancy yoga and Yoga for birth.
- Course no. 47C, Østerbro/Ryesgade 106, Tuesday @ 9:30-11:30,
7 May, 14 May, 28 May, 4 Jun., 11 Jun.* & 18 Jun.*, 25 Jun., Thursday @ 15:00-17:00 4 Jul. 2019
i.e. we meet seven Tuesdays plus one Thursday.
-- Will be taught in English by request, otherwise in Danish -- CANCELLED.
- There will be no Pregnancy yoga from 5 Jul. to 11 Aug.
- Course no. 48C, Østerbro/Ryesgade 106, Tuesday @ 9:30-11:30,
13 Aug., 20 Aug., 27 Aug., 3 Sep., 10 Sep.* & 17 Sep.*, 1 Oct., 8 Oct. 2019
-- Will be taught in English by request, otherwise in Danish --
- Course no. 49C, Østerbro/Ryesgade 106, Tuesday @ 9:30-11:30,
29 Oct., 5 Nov., 12 Nov., 19 Nov., 26 Nov.* & 3 Dec.*, 10 Dec., 17 Dec. 2019
-- Will be taught in English by request, otherwise in Danish --
- Dates for later courses coming as soon as they are available (next course starts in January 2020).
* Class incl. preparation for birth. You will get a lot of information relevant to giving birth, how to prepare, the start and phases of birth, anatomy and physiology/knowlegde about the birth hormones, and how to use yoga during birth as pain relief and to ease baby to the earthside with the least complications. This class is without partner. We also offer Yoga for birth with partner from time to time.
Price and booking
47C (8 classes): 'early bird' until 9 Apr. 995 dkk., after that 1,095 dkk. pr. course; 960 dkk. for students that continue from the previous course cf. below
48C (8 classes): 'early bird' until 15 Jul. 995 dkk., after that 1,095 dkk. pr. course; 960 dkk. for students that continue from the previous course cf. below
49C (8 classes): 'early bird' until 29 Sep. 995 dkk., after that 1,095 dkk. pr. course; 960 dkk. for students that continue from the previous course cf. below
If you join two (or three) courses in a row you safe 135 dkk. compared to the normal price for the second (and third) course. You don't have to book all courses at the same time to receive the discount. You pay the normal/full price then you register for the second (and third) course; we will refund the discount to your credit card account when the course has begun.
To book a space: Click on log in in the menu above, create a profile and/or log in, then go to prices, and book/buy the course that you would like to attend. Your space is secured when we have received your payment.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
"Hi, I just wanted to thank Bodil for the Gravidyoga sessions. I was there during spring last year, and gave birth to my daughter in early October. During the sessions with Bodil I learnt a lot about birth, the different phases, but most of all, how to trust the natural process of giving birth. It gave me a tool and a focus that I would never have had otherwise. I realised the importance of feeling safe and be in a nice environment which gave me a true feeling of calm when the day finally arrived.
My daughter came on a Sunday, and I focused on the labour at home, in bed, feeling totally secure. Eventually it was time to go to the hospital and when I came there they examined me and I was open 10 cm. So, ready for delivery :-). It took a couple of more hours until she finally came, and I never felt any need for any pain relief or anything else. I was so focused, and I can honestly say that the pain was never a problem for me. I focused on the rest in between instead. Being so present in the moment really helped me, I was never scared or stressed, just very, very focused on the task. I could not have asked for a better delivery. I did it together with my husband, and my daughter, and she came out just perfect.
So thank you Bodil for learning me how to trust the natural process of giving birth and helping me understand the importance of feeling safe. Giving birth is such a bizarre but wonderful experience, and I'm so happy it turned out the way it did for me. Once again, thank you!"
- Uma Dinsmore-Tuli: "Yoga for pregnancy and birth" (Teach Yourself, 2008). Incl. cd with breathing and yoga nidra instructions.
- Uma Dinsmore-Tuli: "Sitaram mother nurture yoga - Gentle yoga for the transition to motherhood" (Sitaram Partnership, 2006). Triple DVD set – three 60 minute long discs. Fully integrated practical instruction for the whole of pregnancy, birth and postnatal recovery with baby to eight months.
- Tara Lee: Bump, birth and beyond (Earth Warrior Productions, 2010). 3 DVD box set with "Pregnancy health yoga" (190 minutes), "Post natal yoga" (83 minutes; yoga and pilates for mummy), and "Yoga for you and your baby" (50 minutes; yoga for baby, mum's pelvic floor, etc.).
- Naomi Stadlen: What mothers do - Especially when it looks like nothing (Piatkus Books, 2004). Wonderful book, full of great and precise observations. Useful both before and after giving birth. - Currently out of stock. We hope to have it back again soon.
- Yoga in the first trimester, interesting article at Prenatalyogacenter.com (pdf).
- Mantras: A tool for birth and beyond!, interesting article at Prenatalyogacenter.com (pdf).
- Do not disturb: The importance of privacy in labor, interesting article from The Journal of Perinatal Education (pdf).